KURRAM TANGI DAM MULTIPURPOSE PROJECT
|1. LOCATION OF DAM||The proposed project site is located at Kurram River about 9 miles upstream of Kurram Garhi Head Works and 19 miles North of Bannu City in North Waziristan Agency of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.|
- Hydropower generation of
- Flood Control.
- Irrigated agriculture development of 84,380 Acres.
- Supplementing 278,000 Acres of existing system of Civil and Marwat Canals.
|3. SALIENT FEATURES||- Dam Height||322 FT.|
|- Gross Storage||1.20 MAF|
|- Live Storage||0.90 MAF|
- Power Potential
Power Houses No.1
Power Houses No.2
Power Houses No.3
Power Houses No.4
Kaitu Kurram Feeder Channel
Power Houses No. 5
|New Command Areas|
- Sheratalla Plain
- Spaira Ragha Plain
- Thal Plain
|Supplementing existing System of Civil and Marwat Canals||278,000|
|Approved PC-I Cost (February 2005)||Rs. . 17.205 Billion|
|Revised PC-I cost||Rs. 59.561 Billion (US $ 700 Million)|
|Construction Period||4 years|
|4. CURRENT STATUS||
1. Feasibility study,
detailed Engineering design and tender documents completed in
July 2007 with and elevated height to enhance the storage capacity.
2. PC-i at a cost of Rs. 17.205 billion approved by ECNEC in its meeting held on
February 25, 2005.
3. Project Director ahs been appointed under General Manager (North) for
construction of the Project.
4. 210 acres lands have so far acquired and Rs. 17.0 million has been paid to
5. Government of KPK assured total support along with all out security arrangements
with the desire to take care of the entire stake holder during construction of the
6. EOI for pre-qualification of Contractors received on February 28, 2011. Five firms /
Joint Ventures submitted the EOI documents.
7. Three firms pre-qualified (M/s. DESCON, M/s. SAMBU - SARCO JV and M/s. FWO -
LIMAK JV) for participation in the tendering process.
8. M/s Mot MecDonalds JV (MMP in association with PES MML UK Ceative Engineering
Consultants & DMC) appointed as project review & supervision consultants at a co
nsultancy cost of 484 Million. Contract Agreement for supervision consultancy sig
ned on November 17, 2011 at Governor House, Peshawar.
9. Letter of commencement issued to the Consultants on December 12, 2011.
Mobilization advance amounting to Rs. 48 million paid to the Consultnts on January
27, 2012. Consultants have fielded their Design Team and undertaken review of
design and tender documents, and scheduled to complete the assignment by end
10. The Revised PC-i amounting to Rs. 59.561 Billion is with planning commission for
arranging approval of ECNEC.
11. USAID has shown interest to finance the Project.
12. Rs. 100 million allocated / released in PSDP 2011-2012.
13. Funds amounting to Rs. 5,000 Million required for 2012-13.
|Updated as on 28.09.2012|