The Sukleji Dam Project is proposed across Sukleji River at about 15 km from mauza Shoran, District Bolan and about 130 km south-west of Sibi, Balochistan.
- Irrigated Agriculture Development
- Hydropower Generation
- Flood Mitigation
- Drinking Water Supply to nearby community
- Fisheries Development
- Ground Water Recharge
- Socio-Economic Uplift of the Area
2. SALIENT FEATURES
||Roller Compacted Concrete|
||51.0 Mm3 (41,350 AF)|
||51.81 Mm3 (42,000 AF)|
||4,856 hectares (12,000 acres)|
||1.2 MW (Energy: 6.9 GWh)|
||Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design and Preparation of Tender Documents|
||Rs. 302.448 Million|
3. CURRENT STATUS
- Feasibility Study of Sukleji Dam Project completed in 2008 under approvedPC-II Proforma. Due to geotechnical issues the Project was not considered technically feasible and economically viable.
- On the recommendations of Feasibility Study, PC-II Proforma for Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design and Tender Documents at Site-C was submitted to MoW&P on July 30, 2009, which was not approved due tonon-allocation of project priority by Govt. of Balochistan.
- Government of Balochistan has allocated its priority to the Project and advised to conduct Engineering Studies of Sukleji Dam Project (Site-C) on May 04, 2016.
- Accordingly, WAPDA requested MoW&P for authorization to update the PC-II of subject Project to cater for the inflation / change in rates since 2009.
- MoW&P on August 19, 2016 authorized WAPDA to submit the updated PC-II for consideration and approval of the competent forum.
- PC-II Proforma submitted to WAPDA Standing Review Committee (SRC) on February 08, 2017. SRC cleared the PC-II Proforma on June 06, 2017.