|Location: Districts: MuzaffarGarh, D.G.Khan& Rajanpur of Punjab. Districts: DeraBugti, Naseerabad, Bolan &JhalMagsi of Balochistan.|
|Scope of Work||The main objective of the Project is to provide sustainable irrigation water supply to 7,13,000 acres of agricultural land so as to increase agricultural production and uplift the socio economic condition of the inhabitants. However, a cultureable command area is reduced to 72,000 acres of Phase-I (Part A&B) of Distt: DeraBugti.|
|Project Benefits||● Irrigation supplies for 72,000 acres new fertile area on RHS of Pat Feeder Canal.
● Employment opportunities
● Increase in the value of land
● Increase in exports and foreign exchange earnings.
● Reduction in migration from Project to Urban areas.
● Increase in revenue to the Government.
● Enhanced production of food grain and oilseeds.
● Availability of drinking Water.
● Cropping intensity shall increase from existing 4% to 80%.
● Agricultural benefits are estimated to be Rs. 5 Billion per year.
|Length of Canal Lining||351 Km|
Total Length of main Canal (Phase-I) 363 Km
a. Canal in Punjab 282 Km
a. Major 249 Nos.
|Commencement Date||Oct 2002|
August 2017 (Phase-I)
|Financial Status||Local (Rs. Million)||FEC (Rs. Million)||Total (Rs. Million)|
|Original PC-I Cost||31,204.00||0||31,204.00|
|1st Revised PC-I Cost||57,562.00||0||57,562.00|
|2nd Revised PC-I Cost||80,352.00||0||80,352.00|
|PSDP Allocation (FY 2017-18)||10,000.00||0||10,000.00|
|Status|| Punjab Province (Part-A)
● Contract KC-01, KC-2, KC-3 & KC-4A completed.
● Contract KC-04 (95.48%)
● Contract KC-04B (75.98%)
● Contract KC-05, KC-5A(R), KC-5(B) & KC-5(C) completed, KC-05(D) 98.28%
Balochistan Province (Part-A)
● Contract KC-6A(R), KC-6A(2R), KC-6A(3R) & KC-6C(1R) Completed.
Balochistan Province (Part-B)
● Contract KC-6B (1R) 100%
● Physical Progress Phase-I (Part-A) = 97.99% (RD 0 to RD 1126)
● Physical Progress Phase-I (Part-B) = 100% (RD 1126 to RD 1193)
● Overall Finacnial Progress = 87.30%
Incharge Of The Project
Kachhi Canal Project